Should you sell your Eatonville home in the winter? Part I
Brrrrrr it’s cold outside! I don’t know about you but, I’m not ready for this! With the recent change in the weather, one question I am often asked is whether selling your Eatonville home in the winter is a good idea?
Showcasing your home during the coldest months of the year, can be a great way to focus on the cozy interior features of your home, as more buyers are picturing themselves spending more time inside. Some of the best houses I ever SOLD for the most amount of money in Eatonville and Etobicoke were in the coldest months of the year! So, here is Part I of my top recommendations, if you are going to be selling your Eatonville home in the next few months.
First impressions are everything!
- Your home will be judged from the outside before anyone walks through the front door. Make sure it’s appealing and you have taken care of the exterior of your home. I can’t stress this enough!
- Make sure the eavestroughs are cleaned out, prune back the bushes and trim any low hanging branches from your trees.
- Give your walkway a good sweeping and make sure you have a well lit entryway that is welcoming.
- Buy a new “Welcome Mat” depending on the time of year it can even be a festive one!
- Have some colourful foliage in an urn or plant holder at the front door.
- Is your door tired and worn? Maybe it’s time to give it a fresh coat of paint.
- Have you been meaning to replace your old tired mailbox? This is a great time to do that too!
Add some lighting!
- During the colder months of the year, your home’s lighting can be a little darker as daylight leaves us earlier.
- Be sure to add some high voltage bulbs to your electrical light fixtures to brighten up the busiest area of your home such as front hallways, kitchens and bathrooms. Leave these lights on BEFORE any potential buyers come to view your home. This will give them a warm and homey feeling.
These are just a few ideas to get you started and thinking that selling your home in the colder seasons can be a very positive experience if you approach it the right way!
Stay tuned for Part II and if you would like additional ideas please send me an email to receive a copy of my book “How to Sell Your House Quickly and for Top Dollar” and learn simple things you can do right now to make sure your home sale goes as smoothly as possible!