Your To-Do Checklist Before You List Your Etobicoke Home For Sale
Thinking about selling your Etobicoke home? There are a myriad of things to think about and tackle before you put your Etobicoke home on the market. Here are my top 5 to-do’s:
- Know what it will cost you: Take a good look at your finances and budget money for moving costs, a lawyer to close the sale of the property, commission and possible penalties you may need to pay to discharge your mortgage. If you are also purchasing another property, factor in your closing costs for the new home as well, this could include land transfer tax, moving expenses etc. If you are unsure of all costs associated with buying or selling, please give me a call or download a copy of my FREE seller’s guide here
- Do you know how much your Etobicoke home is worth? If not, it’s time for a Comparative Market Analysis: A Comparative Market Analysis is a professional assessment from a real estate professional that takes a look at what homes similar to yours recently sold for in the neighbourhood and will help you determine a reasonable price range for your Etobicoke home.
- Take a good look at your home through the eyes of a buyer: Try to remove yourself from the emotional side of your home and look at it with fresh eyes as if for the first time. What would a stranger see when they walk into your home? What would they be critical about, that you have lived with for years? Gather this information and make your list of major or minor improvements to make. If you are unsure what these could be, again, a professional such as myself can point them out and help you determine a realistic time frame for preparing your home for sale.
- Tackle your home’s curb appeal from the outside: You’ve probably heard this many times before that first impressions are everything. A buyer will determine within seconds of viewing your home on the outside whether they want to step inside. Help create that “Wow” first impression by tidying up your gardens, invest in a new mailbox, porch lights or house numbers and choose some tasteful accessories or flowers to create an inviting entranceway.
- Work with a professional: Take the guesswork out of everything you need to do and consult the help of a qualified real estate professional who has the experience and track record to bring the right buyers to your home and get you serious offers. If you choose me, I will be honoured to show you the way. For more information please call me at 416-762-8255 to get started today!