Simple Steps To Ensure Your Home Is In Show Shape
Homes that have been well-maintained and convey pride of ownership appeal to perceptive, motivated buyers.
Below are some simple steps you can take to ensure your home is in “show shape” when you are ready to sell.
- Clean or replace carpets and/or other flooring, such as vinyl or hardwoods.
- Wash the windows and window coverings.
- Clean the kitchen and baths until they sparkle.
- Clear and pack away clutter and sell or store excess furniture.
- Clean your closets–extra storage space helps sell homes.
- Paint or touch up any rooms that need it. Use neutral colors, they have more universal appeal.
- Take down family pictures and teen posters. These make it harder for buyers to imagine the home as their own.
- Clean the basement and garage. Neatly stack and store boxes.
Your home’s cleanliness and appeal create an unconscious impression. This impression can determine the likelihood of an offer.
I’d be happy to stop by and offer you specific suggestions to help you “stage” your home. This is the time for minor adjustments, not a major remodel. I know what buyer’s get excited about and I will point out which fix-ups and improvements you should do to get the maximum value out of your home sale.
Please call or email me with any questions or to set up your FREE consultation. Put my expertise to work for you, let me show you how to save time and frustration by making the process easier for you.