How to successfully sell and close on your new home
You’ve successfully submitted and negotiated an offer on new home! The sale of your current home is also complete. Congratulations you are on your way to becoming a new home owner. Now you want to know how to successfully sell and close on your new home so you can be settled into your new home on time without any surprises.
Your home sale is completed on the closing day when ownership is officially transferred to the buyer. As closing day approaches, there are a number of tasks to complete.
Here’s a handy checklist:
- Hire a lawyer to represent your interests and manage your closing documentation
- Satisfy any left over conditions you may have subject to in the offer
- Arrange for your move, obtain estimates from reputable moving companies and book as far in advance as possible. Make sure you have a firm bid in writing.
- Contact utilities to have meters read on closing day and coordinate cancellations, transfers and change-of-address notification for medical, financial and contracted services, licenses, subscriptions, memberships and personal mail
- Organize the connection of services and utilities at your new home
- Coordinate with your lawyer the receipt of compensation for prepaid utility expenses and the payment of real estate and legal fees from the proceeds of the sale (if applicable)
- Meet with your lawyer to sign the required closing documentation to discharge any mortgages, transfer the deed and provide the keys for the buyer
This is how to successfully sell and close on your new home. By following this small checklist that will help you manage the process and not forget anything!
If you choose to work with me, I provide a service that keeps track of all these tasks for you so nothing will fall through the cracks. It’s important to have a plan for your closing and know the exact steps to ensure a stress free move.
READY TO SELL YOUR HOME AND BUILD TRUE WEALTH?
For additional information, I’m just a phone call or email away.